Advanced Education in General Dentistry Academics Information
The Advanced Education in General Dentistry program includes an advanced curriculum track that is conducted over one-year period of time with an optional second year. This program actively recruits applicants who plan to seek careers in general dentistry.
While in this program, residents gain experience in intensive clinical and didactic training in comprehensive care of patients with a variety of issues, making them well rounded in their future profession.
Top priorities of this program include:
- Treatment planning and diagnosis
- Advanced training in clinical dentistry and applied basic sciences
- Comprehensive patient care
- Critical thinking
- Interdisciplinary patient management
- Teaching skills
- Practice administration
- Patient focused oral health care
- Caring for patients with complex medical issues
The academic path that students will follow include courses in pain control and sedation, literature review, dental materials, placement and restoration of implants, periodontal lecture series, endodontics, dental photography, dental technology, removable prosthodontics, treatment planning conferences, and research methodology.