Apply now, Dental Hygiene Program: Completion & Bachelor of Science
We use a dental hygiene centralized application system through ADEA.
To begin the ADEA DHCAS application, the applicant must first apply for a dentpin
Include two reference forms and a dental school personal statement.
Send official transcripts from every school you have attended to ADEA DHCAS and to Office of the Registrar. Transcripts must be received no later than January 15.
- TOEFL score (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Required only of international applicants from countries where English is not the native language; minimum score of 68 (Internet), 220 (computer), or 560 (paper) is required.
Submit $60 to UT Health San Antonio-Dental Hygiene in the form of a check or money order with the same name as you used for the ADEA DHCAS application and include a print out of the first page of your application. This will allow your payment to be matched with the applicant.
UT Health San Antonio
Periodontics-Division of Dental Hygiene, MC 7904
Attn: Martha Browning
7703 Floyd Curl Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
What is UT Health San Antonio's policy regarding bloodborne pathogens?
Individuals who are involved in the provision of dental hygiene services may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens that may result in human disease. Students and faculty members who experience an exposure to potentially infectious materials (needle stick, mucous membrane, or non-intact skin) or airborne inhalation require specific follow-up attention. For more information on the policies on bloodborne and infectious diseases refer to the UT Health San Antonio Policies on Bloodborne and Infectious Diseases.
What do I need to know about immunizations in preparation for this program?
Immunizations must be completed before July 1. No exceptions will be made for any student. Several immunizations can take six weeks to complete, so please familiarize yourself with the required vaccinations by visiting our student health page on this topic.
What happens after my application is submitted?
- Upon successful completion of the ADEA DHCAS application, ADEA DHCAS will verify all courses taken as indicated on the application and transcripts submitted.
- The Admissions Committee at UT Health San Antonio will review the applicants who have been verified by DHCAS and will invite those applicants who meet program requirements for an interview.
- Interviews will be conducted in early spring (March-April). Only applicants who are invited to the interview will be considered for admission.
- Applicants will be notified of dental hygiene program acceptance or denial by May 1st.