Joseph Paul Connor, D.D.S., M.A.
Dr. Connor is an associate professor with tenure in the Department of Comprehensive Dentistry, UT Health San Antonio. He received his D.D.S. from the University of Missouri at Kansas City in 1975. He entered active duty in the U.S. Army Dental Corps in 1975 and remained on active duty until he retired in August 2005 having achieved the rank of Colonel. He started at UT Health San Antonio in 2005.
He completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program (2 Year) in 1986. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of General Dentistry and the Federal Services Board of General Dentistry. He received a master of arts degree in Human Resources Development from Webster University in 1992. He was director of the Fort Hood Advanced Education in General Dentistry (2 Year) Program from 2000-2002.
He is co-director of the Sophomore Operative Dentistry Lecture and Laboratory Course and director of the Junior Operative Dentistry Lecture Course. Dr. Connor is the chair of the Faculty Assembly and past chair of the Committee on Committees and former member of the UT Health San Antonio Faculty Senate.
He is interested in Quality Improvement in Dentistry and has invented and implemented a website to increase screening applications to the School of Dentistry. The program was selected as a winner of the Innovations in Health Science Education Award.
He is a member of the local and state dental societies and the American Dental Association. He was selected for membership in the OKU honorary dental fraternity where he now serves as the chair of the Membership Committee. Dr. Connor is married and has two children and three grandchildren.
Human Resources Development -
Advanced Education in General Dentistry (2-Year) -
University of Missouri at Kansas City Dental School
Associate Professor and Not Applicable -
UTHealth School of Dentistry, Comprehensive Dentistry, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 7/2018 - Present, DIPC 5001, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1/2017 - Present, Ethics, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2016 - Present, Jurisprudence, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2016 - Present, Professional Ethics, Dental School
- 2/2009 - Present, Individual Instruction, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 9/2005 - Present, Operative Dentistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2005 - Present, Preclinical Operative Dentistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2005 - Present, Operative Dentistry Lecture, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 8/2005 - Present, Operative Dentistry Clinic, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 7/2005 - Present, Esthetic Dentistry
Connor JP. Sealants Arrest Progression of Non-Cavitated Dentin Occlusal Caries in the Primary Dentition Journal of the Texas Dental Association 2014 Nov;131(11).