Jacob G Park, D.D.S.
Department of Comprehensive Dentistry
Jacob G Park D.D.S.
Departments & Divisions
- Department of Comprehensive Dentistry
Jacob G Park D.D.S.
Dr. Jacob G. Park
Dr. Jacob G. Park is a Professor of Dentistry/Clinical at the School of Dentistry of UT Health San Antonio. Also he is a Professor/Clinical at the School of Medicine of UT Health San Antonio.
Dr. Park is a mentor in the Clinical Research Foundation of Dr. Terry T. Tanaka of University of Southern California Dental School. Dr. Park has studied occlusion and management of TMD extensively under the direction of Dr. Terry T. Tanaka. Dr. Park is a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Equilibration Society. Dr. Park holds fellowship with the Academy of Dentistry International, the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists.
Dr. Park serves as the CAD CAM Expert of US TAG for ISO/TC 106 and the chairman of the American Dental Association Standards Committee on Dental Products Subcommittee 9/US Sub TAG 9, CAD CAM in Dentistry. Dr. Park manages and supervises all activities of the following Working Groups and select the future agendas.
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.65 on Dental CAD/CAM Machinable Blanks
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.66 on Scanning Accuracy of Dental Chair-side and Laboratory CAD/CAM Systems
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.68 on CAD/CAM Implant Surgical Guides
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.69 on CAD/CAM Bonding Cements
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.70 on Interface for Dental CAD/CAM Systems
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.71 on CAD/CAM Implant Abutments
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.72 on Accuracy of CAD/CAM SLA Models
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.75 on Terminology for CAD/CAM Systems
- ADA SCDP Working Group 9.76 on Accuracy of Computer-Aided Manufacturing in Dentistry
- Working Group 9.78 on Accuracy of CAD/CAM Digital Dentures
Dr. Park was elected as a Board of Regent for the Academy of Dentistry International (ADI) a dental honor society for science & global oral health which composed of 3000 dentists from 85 countries, in April 2015. www.adint.org and he is currently serving as the President of the USA Section and International President of the ADI.
Dr. Park is the past president of the American Equilibration Society. The American Equilibration Society was founded in 1955, the American Equilibration society is the largest organization in the world that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of dental occlusion and disorders of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and associated muscles. The AES is international in scope, with members from all over the world, more than thirty countries. The AES is multispecialty, encompassing general dentists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, prosthodontists, periodontists, orthodontists, dental radiologists and allied health care professionals. The membership of the AES is composed of academics and clinicians.
Dr. Park is the council member of the International Academy for Digital Dental Medicine. Dr. Park is serving as a member of Editorial Board for The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and E-Cronion Dental Science. Also Dr. Park is a council member of the Council on Scientific Affairs of the American Dental Association.