Distinction in Dental Education Application Procedure
- Students must be in good academic standing to be eligible to participate in the Teaching Honors Program
- There is no additional application process necessary to participate in the program
- Students will attend orientation presented by the program director, where first year students are able to indicate their intentions to pursue completion of the program
- Students will enroll in the initial Teaching Honors Program course, SELC 7122 Academic Dental Career Mentorship in the fall semester and SELC 7094 Teaching Fundamentals in the spring semester
- Students who complete both first year courses are considered to be Teaching Honors Program participants for the duration of their dental school career
- Students who complete six of the Teaching Honors Program core courses achieve the designation "Distinction in Dental Education" at graduation. This designation is recognized during the Teaching Honors Program Seniors Recognition Dinner, Senior Awards Program and School of Dentistry Graduation Ceremony.