Assistant/Associate Professor - Master’s Program in Speech-Language Pathology (Tenure Track)
A newly state-approved Master of Science (MS) degree program in Speech-Language Pathology is seeking to fill two new faculty positions in medical speech-language pathology. These positions are 12-month, tenure-track appointments at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The positions are 12-month, tenure track appointment beginning Fall, 2017. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching graduate level courses of the area of expertise
- Directing student research
- Establishing or continuing a program of extramurally-funded clinical research
- Providing services to the department, college, and community
- Earned Ph.D. in Speech-Language Pathology with medical concentration
- ASHA CCC and eligible for Texas licensure
- Proven record of research and scholarship
- Desire to contribute to a newly developed program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preference will be given to individuals who have:
- An established record of peer-reviewed publications and research grant funding with expertise in one or more of the following areas: dysphagia, cognitive communication, motor speech, voice, child speech and language, autism, literacy
- Experience in teaching at the college level
Desired Start Date
September 1, 2017
Send applications to Dr. David L. Henzi (Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs) – firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications must include: letter of interest with stated qualifications for the position, a summary of research accomplishments and future goals, teaching interests and teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references.
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.