Bachelor of Science in Emergency Health Sciences
The online Bachelor of Science in Emergency Health Sciences program is not available to residents in some states. Prior to applying for admission, please check to make sure it is available in your state.
June 1 for August enrollment (Fall semester, preferred)
November 1 for January enrollment (Spring semester)
April 1 for May enrollment (Summer semester)
All application materials, the application fee, official transcripts, and all supporting documents must be submitted to the UT Health San Antonio Office of the Registrar by the deadline.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be reviewed for admission to the UT Health San Antonio Department of Emergency Health Sciences.
Completion of the Texas Core Curriculum:
- English Composition I and II, 6 semester credit hours
- College algebra or higher, 3 semester credit hours
- 3 science course with labs, 12 semester credit hours
- Philosophy, language, humanities or literature course, 3 semester credit hours
- Creative arts course in art, drama or music, 3 semester credit hours
- U.S. History I & U.S. History II, 6 semester credit hours
- Texas State & Local Government & American Government, 6 semester credit hours
- Social/behavioral science, 3 semester credit hours
- Co-enrollment is available for eligible students. Contact Office of Admissions for more information on eligibility.
Additional Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in EHS
- Complete and submit Texas Common (ApplyTexas) online Application
- Payment of the nonrefundable $60 application fee
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Documentation of EMT-Paramedic certification. Students who are currently enrolled in a Paramedic course or who have completed EMT coursework and are engaged in the credentialing process should provide a statement to this effect.
- Submit official transcripts from each college and university currently or previously attended - Must be sent directly to the Office of the University Registrar
- Applicants enrolled in courses at the time of application must submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript is required submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores with at least a score of 560 (paper) or 68 (internet). Scores on TOEFL test take more than two years prior to the date of application are not accepted.
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted the Apply Texas online application, send all required official documentation to:
UT Health San Antonio Office of the University Registrar
Mail Code 7702, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information
About admission requirements and application process: Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs:
About the program: Contact the Emergency Health Sciences Student Administrative Assistant, Consuelo Sandoval, or Assistant Professor/Clinical, Bruce Butterfras, or see the UT Health San Antonio course catalog.