By Kate Hunger
It’s that time again. The health professions will be front and center the week of Nov. 5 to celebrate Allied Health Week.
“Every year we have an opportunity for the School of Health Professions to shine a light on all of our different programs,” said one of the week’s event organizers, Carlos Herrera, president of the Master’s in Occupational Therapy Class of 2019.
The schedule includes:
• Nov. 5: Allied Health Stories. See how many student profiles you can spot around Long Campus. Find out what drew them to their profession.
• Nov. 6: Sticker Tuesday. UT Health San Antonio students can pick up a free “I love Allied Health” sticker all day at Starbucks. Who doesn’t love stickers?
• Nov. 7: 12-1 p.m. TeamSTEPPS interprofessional session. PA Studies faculty will help healthcare professionals sharpen their teamwork and communication skills. ALTC 3.304
• Nov. 8, 12-1 p.m. Rehabilitation Research in Allied Health Professions. Physical Therapy Assistant Professor Sandeep Subramanian, Ph.D., MS, BPT, will speak. DTL Flex-Lab 2.217R & 2.221R.
• Nov. 9, 12-1 p.m. Chronic Lung Disease Ground Rounds led by SHP Faculty. DTL Flex-Lab 2.217R & 2.221R.
Also planned are numerous presentations from students from various programs of the School of Health Professions.
“What we’re really trying to do is get the students within our building mingling and also bring in medical students to come in and check things out,” Herrera said. “For me, all this rolls back into interprofessional education to bring the whole campus together.”