Christine Aguilar, M.D., MPH
Dr. Aguilar started at UTHSCSA in 1986, she was involved in Clinical trials on Minority and Diverse populations. She also had been involved with the Cochrane Collaboration, where she participated in clinical reviews and meta-analysis and training. She has coordinated research that involve GCP guidelines at VA facilities. At the present time she is involved in coordinating Epidemiology in Pediatrics Genetics.
Healthcare Interpreter -
University of Texas Health Science Center
Master of Public Health -
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon
Universidad de Monterrey
Faculty Associate - Cross Appointment with Department of Pediatrics -
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Greehey Children`s Cancer Research Institute, Pediatrics, San Antonio
Faculty Associate in the Department of Medicine/General Medicine -
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Research & Grants
- Husson O, Zebrack B, Block R, Embry L, Aguilar C, Hayes-Lattin B, Cole S. Personality Traits and Health-Related Quality of Life Among Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Patients: The Role of Psychological Distress. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol. 2017 Jun;6(2):358-362. doi: 10.1089/jayao.2016.0083. Epub 2017 Jan 10.
- Husson O, Zebrack BJ, Block R, Embry L, Aguilar C, Hayes-Lattin B, Cole S. Health-Related Quality of Life in Adolescent and Young Adult Patients With Cancer: A Longitudinal Study. J Clin Oncol. 2017 Feb 20;35(6):652-659. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2016.69.7946. Epub 2017 Jan 17.
- Husson O, Zebrack BJ, Aguilar C, Hayes-Lattin B, Cole S. Cancer in adolescents and young adults: Who remains at risk of poor social functioning over time? Cancer. 2017 Jul 15;123(14):2743-2751. doi: 10.1002/cncr.30656. Epub 2017 Mar 20.
- Husson O, Zebrack B, Block R, Embry L, Aguilar C, Hayes-Lattin B, Cole S. Posttraumatic growth and well-being among adolescents and young adults (AYAs) with cancer: a longitudinal study. Support Care Cancer. 2017 Sep;25(9):2881-2890. doi: 10.1007/s00520-017-3707-7. Epub 2017 Apr 19.
- Acquati C, Zebrack B, Faul A, Embry L, Aguilar C, et al. Sexual Functioning among Young Adult Cancer Patients: A 2-Year Longitudinal Study. Cancer. 2018 Jan 15;124(2):398-405. doi: 10.1002/cncr.31030. Epub 2017 Nov 17.
- Grimes AC, Chen Y, Bansal H, Aguilar C, Perez Prado L, Quezada G, Estrada J, Tomlinson GE. Genetic Markers for Treatment-Related Pancreatitis in a Cohort of Hispanic Children With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Support Care Cancer 2020 May.