Mission, Values and Vision
We develop diverse nurse leaders to improve health and health care, through education, research, practice, and community engagement.
- Innovation: We, the faculty, staff, and students of the UT Health School of Nursing, believe in delivering leading edge health care, education, research, and community service
- Diversity and Inclusion: We believe in fostering an inclusive environment as a foundation to make health care available to all
- Ethics & Accountability: We believe in honoring the dignity of others through the accountability of our actions
- Advocacy: We believe in promoting healthy lifestyles and access to health care for all populations
- Synergy: We believe in inter-professional cooperation to improve health outcomes for all
We make lives better by promoting health as an act of social justice.
Communities of Interest
The community of interest to the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing encompasses groups and individuals who have an interest in the mission, goals and expected outcomes of the nursing school and its effectiveness in achieving them. The community of interest ranges from the local to the global and comprises all stakeholders of the nursing programs. Stakeholders include students, faculty, administration, student organizations, and alumni in addition to external constituencies such as prospective students, employers, practicing nurses, clients, regulatory bodies, the community/public of South Texas and beyond.