Dr. Punchamannil teaches in the 5th, 7th and 8th-semester undergraduate students. Her nursing experience includes a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from India. Dr. Punchamannil worked with people of different cultures in three different states in India for about seven years. She has also worked in three different Mediterranean Countries for a total of 17 years. Prior to joining UT Health San Antonio, Dr. Punchamannil worked in bedside nursing for 10 years in San Antonio. She has been in academic for 6 years. She is interested in the following global health activities:
- Understanding health disparities
- Understanding how the low- and middle-income countries are addressing their health despite the economical disadvantages
- Understanding the role of public health in improving health conditions
- Examining the influence of culture in health practices.
- Improving the healthcare through education on preventive measures and riskier health habits
- Impact of pesticides in human health
- Impact of radiation (from bombings) on human health- short term and long term.