- Non-nursing bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Prerequisite GPA: minimum 3.0
- TEAS Exam: minimum overall score of 65
- 51 of the 60 hours of required prerequisite courses completed (including all math and science courses)
- NursingCAS Application Fee
- School of Nursing Application Fee (non-refundable)
The prerequisite GPA is based on the full list of prerequisite courses we require.
- If you have retaken any prerequisites, we will use the better grade out of the first two attempts of each prerequisite.
- We do not include + or - grades in the calculation of the prerequisite GPA. For example, if an applicant earned an A+ in a course, we would use an A in the GPA calculation.*
*Note: when completing the NursingCAS application, an applicant must enter their grades exactly as they appear on the offiical transcript.
All applicants are required to take the current version of the ATI TEAS exam.
- In-Person or Remote Online method of the ATI TEAS exam is accepted
- No limit to the number of times an applicant can take the ATI TEAS exam
- We will consider the highest score of the current version of the ATI TEAS exam
Applicants must request that ATI sends the official TEAS score report to U of TX Health San Antonio. The Office of Admissions must receive the ATI TEAS exam score by the admissions deadline.
Spring 2023 Traditional BSN Applicants
Applicants to the Spring 2023 Traditional BSN program must take the TEAS 6 exam by June 3, 2022. All schools and testing centers will be switched over to the TEAS 7 exam on June 3, 2022 and the TEAS 6 exam will be retired at that time. The TEAS 7 exam will not be considered for admission to our Spring 2023 Traditional BSN program.
May 2023 Accelerated BSN & Fall 2023 Traditional BSN Applicants
Applicants to our May 2023 Accelerated BSN program, and all traditional and accelerated BSN programs that follow, must take the TEAS 7 exam. For more information on the TEAS 7 exam, please visit ATI.
Application and Fee
A completed NursingCAS application must be submitted before the application deadline. All fees are accesed through the NursingCAS application. The Office of Admissions fee is $45 and is non-refundable. The NursingCAS fee is separate and is set by NursingCAS.
Admitted Student Profiles