Ph.D. Learning Outcomes
- Advance the discipline of nursing through the generation of new knowledge and theory.
- Demonstrate excellence as a clinical researcher in the health sciences in a focal area of nursing.
- Synthesize theories from natural and/or behavioral sciences for application to a specified area of nursing.
- Advance evidence-based clinical practice.
- Assume nurse scientist roles within academic health centers and other interdisciplinary health sciences and educational institutions.
- Evaluate the value and knowledge components of philosophical and ethical dimensions of issues confronting healthcare and nursing.