Center on Smart and Connected Health Technologies
The Center on Smart and Connected Health Technologies provides a comprehensive approach to collaborating, testing, and integrating innovative health solutions to advance integration of smart and connected clinical care and smart and connected health home.
We provide nurses, doctors, researchers, and the scientific community access to the following resources:
- Training and Simulation Center—offers interprofessional education programs for students, trainees, and clinicians on connected health and telehealth technologies.
- Data and Digital Innovation Lab—offers researchers a location to 1) develop and pilot test new connected technology solutions in advance of testing them in clinical or home care settings; 2) use large data from electronic health records and connected health devices to answer clinical questions.
- South Texas Connected Health Living Lab—offers a large repository of data from mobile, wearable, and remote monitoring devices. We use community engagement efforts to recruit individuals, including adults with chronic conditions, seniors aging in place, and adults that speak and understand diverse languages, to share de-identified data and participate in real-world testing of innovative connected health solutions.
- Clinical Collaborative—offers an opportunity to build authentic relationships among patients, researchers and clinicians to enable the development and clinical testing of connected health solutions. Our goal is to engage the end users as partners to design, develop, and deploy technology solutions that support clinicians’ workflow and direct integration of patient-generated health data into electronic health record systems.
Our services include:
- Mobile devices and connected health platforms for research and health service delivery
- Telehealth training
- Academic-Industry collaboration on usability and clinical testing
- Consultation on designing, developing, testing, and applying mobile health, telehealth, and connected health solutions
- Intellectual property protection sample letters and templates
- Letters of support for grant applications
- Interprofessional education curriculum on mobile and connected health
- Partners on SBIR/STTR grants