Caris Molecular Intelligence® and Caris Centers of Excellence for Precision Medicine NetworkTM Retrospective Outcomes-Associated Database (CTMS# 16-0145)
The objective of this project is the development of the Caris Molecular Intelligence® and Caris Centers of Excellence for Precision Medicine NetworkTM Outcomes Associated Repository, a disease research database (hereinafter referred to as the Database ) for the purpose of:
1. Effecting change in disease treatment processes by advancing precision medicine and improving care for cancer through acquiring and sharing valuable molecular tumor profiling information and clinical outcomes in a collaborative, secure environment.
2. Performing prospective research studies involving analyses of quality of life studies as well as subject medical records including clinical presentation and outcomes. This eligible cohort includes select subjects having undergone Caris Molecular Intelligence® evaluation for diagnosis and/or treatment management.
3. Evaluate the frequency of specific clinical events in relation to risk factors, diagnosis and treatments provided via the collection of outcomes data through automated data capture systems provided by a third-party data entity and manually-entered data when needed.
4. Provide information access that is vital to research collaborators, including potential researchers from pharmaceutical companies, governmental agencies, academia, healthcare providers, and payors, with catalogued subject outcome data for the use of drug development discoveries, clinically relevant research trials, publications and posters, the implementation of future healthcare policies, characterization of trends in practice patterns and their relation to subject outcomes and the economic impact of differing evaluation, treatment, and management paradigms.
5. Cultivate a repository for assay development and validation of emerging technologies to enhance clinical cancer care.