You’ve finished treatment. What’s next?
Our Surviving & Thriving Conference!
This year's event will celebrate 40 Years of Cancer Survivorship, in August 2015 at the Greehey Children's Cancer Research Center.
You may think life should return to normal once treatment is complete. What is normal after cancer treatment? The first few months after treatment are a time of change. It is time for you to find your new normal.
We are here to help you navigate the changes to your diet, your physical appearance, your perspective, and your life. Our Wellness activities can help your with nutrition and exercise. You can continue participating in our cancer support groups to offer hope and educate others.
Our Surviving and Thriving Conference allows fellow survivors and support networks to come together for a fun-filled time. Participants share strength, humor and wisdom while discovering ways to regain control, reduce feelings of isolation and restore hope.
This year's event includes:
- Welcome by Dr. Ian Thompson
- A discussion of the advances made in cancer treatment in the past 40 years
- A panel discussion with long-term cancer survivors
- Made Me Nuclear, the keynote address by cancer survivor Charlie Lustman
- Discussion: The Role Nutrition Plays in Survivorship
- Survivor Celebration Party
Celebrate moving forward!