How to Volunteer
There are two ways to volunteer at the UT Health Cancer Center as a Patient & Family Services volunteer or an SA Cancer Council volunteer. Each requires a different time commitment and each has specialized needs.
Patient & Family Services Volunteers
Help make our patients’ and families’ lives better. Join our team of compassionate caregivers!
You can be a:
- Patient Ambassador: Assists patients and visitors with information, directions and personal service during their appointment at the center. All shifts are 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Patient Guide: Assist patients and nurses in chemotherapy treatment areas. All shifts are 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Special Event Volunteer: Assist at educational events, fundraising events, Give Cancer the Boot Survivorship 5K Run/Walk
- Wellness Center Volunteer: Share your special expertise to teach classes in yoga, tai chi or a similar subject.
- Medical Oncology Clinic Volunteer: Assist in preparing and assembling medical supply kits and distributing drinks and food to patients served by the clinic.
You can donate:
- Handmade blankets
- Small neck pillows
- Small simple craft kits with instructions
- Puzzles, word game books, playing cards, checkers, games to play during treatment
Become a Patient & Family Services Volunteer
- Complete the online application
- Schedule your interview at 210-450-5574.
All volunteer shifts are during business hours: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Current volunteers can check schedules, log hours and receive messages through our online system. Log in here.