Patient Rights and Responsibilities
In accordance with the American Hospital Association and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Hospitals:
- It is the policy of the Cancer Therapy & Research Center that every patient be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- A patient can be assured that all medical information is kept in a confidential manner.
- A patient has the right to approve or refuse the release of medical information to any other health care provider, except as required by law.
- A patient will be given information about his/her disease, treatment and prognosis that is available. If a patient is unable to be given this information, the Cancer Therapy & Research Center will work with his/her family.
- A patient or his/her family will be given the opportunity to participate in making decisions involving the patient's health care.
- A patient has the right to provide advance directives.
- If at any time a patient wishes to refuse treatment, he/she may consult with his/her physician and let his/her wishes be known.
- If at any time a patient or the family has a complaint about the patient's care, they are asked to share this information with any employee. All comments or complaints are reviewed by an administrator. Any comment or complaint made will not affect a patient's future treatment.