Our team of diabetes specialists is here to provide you and your loved ones with top-tier diabetes care to prevent its progression and avoid future health complications.
Your care team
Your diabetes care team is led by endocrinologist and physician-scientist, Dr. Carolina Solis-Herrera, who specializes in the treatment and prevention of diabetes and cardiometabolic disease including obesity and lipid management. Also caring for you is our team of board-certified endocrinologists, diabetologists, certified diabetes educators (CDEs), registered dietitians (RDs) and nurse practitioners (NPs).
Advanced diabetes care
We are here to help every patient take control of their diabetes to prevent its progression and avoid its complications including obesity, high cholesterol and cardiovascular risks. We offer the most advanced diabetes care with:
- The latest, proven medications
- Cutting-edge technology
- Individualized nutritional counseling
- Engaging group classes in diabetes self-management
- Our diabetes self-management program is certified by the American Diabetes Association and led by our outstanding certified dietitians and diabetes educators.
What is diabetes and why is professional management important?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Approximately 37 million Americans have diabetes (about 1 out of 10 people)
- 1 out of 5 people don’t know they have diabetes
- About 1 out of 3 people have pre-diabetes in the United States
What is Type 1 diabetes?
With Type 1 diabetes the pancreas produces little to no insulin. Type 1 generally occurs at a younger age, but it can occur at any age. About 5% of individuals with diabetes have type 1 diabetes.
What is Type 2 diabetes?
With Type 2 diabetes, the pancreas is not producing adequate insulin or insulin is not working properly. About 95% of individuals with diabetes have type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is the leading cause of heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and amputation in the world. Your risk of cardiovascular disease is 2 to 4 times higher if you have diabetes. About 2 out of every 3 patients with diabetes will die of heart disease.
If you would like to know if you are at risk of developing pre-diabetes or diabetes, take the risk test:
Risk Test | ADA (diabetes.org)
Services provided and conditions treated:
- Advanced type 1 and type 2 diabetes care
- Prediabetes assessment and treatment
- Weight management
- High cholesterol and high triglyceride control
- Cardiovascular risk reduction and prevention
- Nutritional and Diet Counseling
- Group classes in diabetes self-management
- Professional continuous glucose monitoring placement and reading
To provide the best, highly integrated and holistic care for our patients, we partner with other medical specialists from cardiology, nephrology, ophthalmology, podiatry, wound care, dermatology, and urology among others. Our patients also benefit from our integrated electronic medical record system, MyChart, which provides secure, 24/7 access to their medical information such as lab results, appointments, doctor's notes and messages.