UT Health San Antonio is offering scheduled and walk-in appointments for COVID-19 vaccines to those 16 and older, with priority given to those 80 years and older.
Priority access for those 80 yrs. or older
Those 80 years old or older don't need an appointment to receive their COVID-19 vaccine. Bring your insurance information (if available), driver's license or other form of identification to receive your COVID-19 vaccine, between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m, at
For Walk-In & Scheduled Appointments
Walk-in appointments are available as supply and capacity allows Monday - Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m at our School of Nursing Hurd Auditorium location. Please bring identification and insurance information, including Medicare, if available. There is no cost to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, but there may be a nominal fee. For more details on cost, please the view Is there a fee for the COVID-19 vaccine section.
What to know for your scheduled appointment:
- We are providing COVID-19 vaccines at numerous locations. Check your appointment details in MyChart to confirm where you will receive your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Please bring identification and insurance information, including Medicare, if available. There is no cost to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. A small administration fee may be charged to the insurance on file. For more details, please the view Is there a fee for the COVID-19 vaccine section.
- You must use MyChart to check-in electronically (eCheck-in) at least 1 hour before your scheduled appointment time to complete your consent form.
- Upon arriving, please remain in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time. This helps reduce crowding, wait times and long lines.
If you need to reschedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, call 210-504-5200.
Important Note: Your vaccination appointment is not transferable anyone else.
After your vaccine
You will be automatically scheduled for your second dose appointment at the same UT Health location.
All patients are observed for 15 minutes post administration and some patients with certain medical conditions are observed for 30 minutes. To ensure you are safe after recieving the vaccine, All patients are encouraged to download the Center for Disease Control’s vaccine safety app.
We are receiving an extremely high number of phone calls, and callers are spending more time on hold. Patients can avoid the delay by using MyChart, their secure, 24/7 health portal, to send messages to their providers, view test results and request appointments.
Can I schedule my 2nd COVID-19 vaccine at UT Health San Antonio?
We are not scheduling ONLY second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. We only provide second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to those who received their first dose from UT Health San Antonio. If you received your first dose at UT Health San Antonio, your second dose is already scheduled. Check MyChart to view the appointment details for receiving your second dose. Returning to where you received your first dose helps ensure you receive the correct second vaccine dose. If you have additional questions about UT Health San Antonio's COVID-19 vaccines, please call 210-504-5200.
UT Health messaged me about scheduling my COVID vaccine
If you have received a message about scheduling your COVID vaccine from UT Health San Antonio, please take the following steps:
- Step 1. Confirm you have not already received your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. If you have already received your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, please do not schedule another vaccine with UT Health San Antonio. To ensure you receive the correct second vaccine dose, you need to return to where you received your first dose.
- Step 2. Follow the directions in the message for scheduling your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Step 3. Follow the instructions above in the "What to know for your scheduled appointment" section.