Meet leading physicians and researchers and have your questions answered about promising treatments, local support and how you can help find new and better ways to treat- and ultimately prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias at the South Texas Alzheimer’s Conference Public Event.
Dedicated to transforming dementia care for patients and their families, the Biggs Institute, in partnership with the Alzheimer's Association, present the South Texas Alzheimer’s Conference Public Event for members of the community to come together for an afternoon of support and discovery surrounding Alzheimer's disease.
At this Free Special Event, Attendees will:
- Talk to leading physicians and researchers about your questions on dementia care and research.
- Be connected to innovative clinical trials and talk to the clinical team members leading the trials.
- Hear the latest discoveries from the region's first brain bank and learn what this research means for the future of dementia care.
- Hear a bilingual panel discussion with world-renowned experts on new therapies being offered all around the world.
- Learn about local resources and social events for individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
Schedule of Events
3:00pm | Welcome and Opening Remarks
3:10pm | Panel Discussion on "New Hope for Treating and Preventing Alzheimer's and Other Dementias: Discoveries from Around the World" Moderated by David Martin Davies from Texas Public Radio's "The Source"
4:30pm | Meet the Experts in Dementia Care Tables and Closing Reception
Registration and parking are free. Handicapped parking and shuttle transportation from the parking lot to the event building will be available.
Registration is required.