UT Health San Antonio will soon open UT Health De Zavala, a new multispecialty health facility near I-10 and 1604.
The 9,000-square-foot multispecialty practice is planned to open fall 2021 on DeZavala Road near the Lockhill-Selma intersection. It will offer area residents convenient access to primary care as well as specialists in dermatology, cardiology, gastroenterology and nephrology.
“This area is experiencing and will continue to witness significant growth over the next five years. UT Health De Zavala will fill the care gaps already present in this community by increasing people’s access to convenient, compassionate and culturally proficient health care. It will also provide a new, nearby specialty care referral option for community providers as well as UT Health San Antonio’s other primary care locations,” said Ramon Cancino, MD, director of primary care at UT Health San Antonio.
UT Health De Zavala’s features will include:
- Primary care
- Specialists in dermatology, cardiology, gastroenterology, nephrology and musculoskeletal medicine
- New, modern technology and amenities
- On-site lab work
- On-site x-ray
- Free parking
- In-person and virtual video appointments
- Free, secure access to MyChart, UT Health San Antonio’s unified patient portal
- On-Demand Urgent Care – virtual video visits with a UT Health San Antonio primary care clinician
Within its first year, it is estimated this new location will provide more than 17,000 appointments for the health of our community.
With the addition of UT Health De Zavala, UT Health San Antonio will offer eight primary care locations throughout San Antonio and the Hill Country. To learn more about primary care offered by UT Health San Antonio, click here.