Our experts will explain the options, including spine surgery, available to address your back pain. We will first assess and evaluate, taking into consideration how much the pain is affecting your quality of life and your activity of daily living. Non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures are explored before we recommend spine surgery.
We specialize in degenerative disc disease of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, adult spinal deformity and spinal trauma and manage the most complex spinal reconstruction and revision surgeries in South Texas.
Referrals from spine surgeons are welcome and have a strong interest in salvage and revision cases.
For patients who do not improve or develop worsening symptoms despite conservative treatment strategies such as activity modification, physical therapy, pain medication and spinal injections, various surgical options are offered by our team of experts.
Surgical approach is decided between our experts and the patient with treatment directed towards the patient’s specific problem. We incorporate a minimally invasive approach.
Common procedures we perform include:
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Artificial disc replacement
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Decompression of the spine without fusion
- Laminectomy of the cervical spine
- Laminectomy of the lumbar spine
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Percutaneous lateral interbody fusion
- Percutaneous posterior spinal fusion
- Posterior cervical spinal fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Transthoracic spinal surgery
- Vertebra osteotomies for correction of scoliosis and spinal deformity
Make an appointment
please call 210-450-9300 to make an appointment with our team or to make a referral to one of our physicians.
Medical Arts & Research Center - MARC
8300 Floyd Curl Dr., 3rd Floor - 3C
San Antonio, TX 78229