UT Health San Antonio's radiologists deliver cardiothoracic imaging interpretation for University Hospital, the busiest Level 1 trauma center in South Texas. We perform a one-stop, triple rule-out protocol CT for the evaluation of coronary arteries, pulmonary, arteries and aorta. University Hospital has a well-developed program for patients with interstitial lung disease and is a reputed lung transplant center.
We interpret a large high-resolution CTs in the evaluation of a variety of interstitial lung pathologies. Our affiliation with the UT Health San Antonio Cancer Center provides a high volume of oncology imaging. In addition to supplying excellent patient care services, our team also focuses on resident teaching and clinical research. Every year, cardiothoracic faculty members present at national and international meetings and have published many scholarly articles in esteemed journals. Our team prides itself on performing state-of-the-art cardiothoracic imaging, including the following techniques:
Cardiothoracic imaging examinations:
- Coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA) for cardiovascular procedure planning such as TAVR, left atrial closure, and pulmonary venous mapping for ablation
- CT Angiography of the coronary arteries
- Emergency ‘triple rule out’ CT for exclusion of aortic dissection, pulmonary embolism, and coronary artery disease
- CT coronary calcium scoring in coronary artery disease screening
- CT for evaluation of oncology patients
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging: viability protocol
- Phase contrast cardiac MR imaging for assessment of heart valves and great vessels
- MR angiogram of the thoracic aorta
- MR and CT evaluation of congenital heart diseases
Make an appointment
Please call one of our locations to refer a patient, make an appointment or speak with a radiology specialist.