Appeals for citations can submitted through our Parking Office Gateway. Hard copies can be picked up and submitted at our parking service office and manned entry control stations on campus. Appeals must be submitted to the parking traffic office within 10 calendar days from the date a citation is issued. Below is a brief list of excuses that may not be used for appeals. Additional excuses not mentioned here may also fall under this category.
- Parked for only a few minutes
- Referring to the rules as ridiculous
- Inclement weather
- Late for class or a meeting
- Lot full
- Jaywalking citations
- No one told me the permit expired
- No one told me where or how to park
- Drive occasionally and should not have to purchase a permit or pay any fine
- Another student, faculty or staff member advised me to park there
- All meter violations, including "no sign told me to pay"
- All violations referring to posted signs and/or designation
- Other improperly parked vehicles do not constitute an excuse for improper parking
Late fees for unpaid citations
Late fees are assessed by the parking service office 10 business days from citation issuance. Additional fees are assessed every 30 days thereafter. Individuals with outstanding citations are subject to vehicle impoundment until all fees owed are paid in full.