Applying to UT Police
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Must have reached their 21st birthday on the date of commissioning
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test
- Must have a high school diploma or have passed a General Education Development test
- Must be able to meet hearing and visual requirements
- Must pass a thorough background investigation and interview panel
- Must meet the minimum standards for appointment as required by the Texas Occupations Code, The Texas Administrative Code, and the Rules of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
The hiring process for UT Police consists of several phases, including, but not limited to, the following steps:
- Online application
- Screening by UT Police committee to ensure minimum standards are met
- Physical agility test
- Oral interview board
- Background investigation
- Interview with chief of police
- Medical evaluation
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Polygraph examination
UT Police accepts applications for individuals who have successfully completed a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) approved Basic Peace Office Course and successfully passed the TCOLE licensing program.
Salaries for police officers at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio vary by job description and certification level. Individuals hired by the department have the opportunity to work toward higher classification and salary levels during the course of their employment.
To apply for open positions, visit the University of Texas Health Science Center Office of Human Resources.
For additional information, please contact:
Lt. Carl Boatright, Recruiting and Training Division Coordinator
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229