The Communication/Dispatch center is the nerve center of all university police and security operations. It operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Communications personnel are the critical links between the community and police services. Communications personnel:
- Answer and process emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Coordinate and communicate with field units to assist the public and campus community.
- Coordinate and communicate with neighboring public safety agencies.
- Monitor closed circuit television, security, fire and other related alarm systems.
- Activate emergency procedures for evacuations or similar emergencies.
Communications Supervisor 210-567-2800, option 3