Human Research Protection Program
The President of UT Health San Antonio has delegated the authority and responsibility to establish, maintain, and advance the HRPP to the Vice President for Research (VPR) as the Institutional Official (IO).
To protect the rights and welfare of participants who take part in UT Health San Antonio research and to ensure that excellent scientific research is conducted in compliance with the applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and institutional policies.
HRPP Organization Components
The responsibility for the protection of human participants is shared among a number of organizational components that conduct research as well as those responsible for program administration of the HRPP mission.
Assistant VP for Research Operations
The Office of the AVP for Research Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program, disseminating program information, and chairing the HRPP Steering Committee.
HRPP Steering Committee
- Addresses research issues across UT Health San Antonio
- Reviews and approves HRPP policy; considers related institutional policy
- Updates faculty and staff on regulations, policies, and best practices in research
- Advocates resources for HRPP
- Conducts program review and assessment