Single IRB Review Plan for Grant Applications
For the Single IRB review plan for grant applications, consider inserting the following information:
- Describe how you will comply with the NIH Single IRB (sIRB) policy. If you are requesting permission for some or all performance sites to not the NIH policy, provide the rationale.
- Provide the name of the IRB that will serve as the sIRB of record.
- Indicate that all performance sites have agreed to rely on the proposed sIRB and that any sites added after award will rely on the sIRB.
- Briefly describe how communication between sites and the sIRB will be handled.
- Indicate that all performance sites will, prior to initiating the study, sign a reliance agreement that will clarify the roles and responsibilities of the sIRB and performance sites.
- Indicate which institution or entity will maintain records of the reliance agreements and of the communication plan.