SMART IRB Reliance Platform
IMPORTANT: Do not submit to SMART IRB prior to IRB consultation.
Follow SMART IRB’s Online Reliance System (SIORS) - The system which allows for investigators to request, track, and document reliance arrangements.
- Check the site to ensure collaborator sites are listed as a participating institution: https://smartirb.org/participating-institutions/
- This process is initiated by the Lead PI.
- If this is the first time the Lead PIs is entering the reliance, he/she will need to request investigator access here: https://beta.reliance.smartirb.org/invitations/new
- After the access to the platform is granted for the Lead PI, the Lead PI will need to enter information regarding all sites.
- SIORS will notify the sites’ Reliance offices of collaboration intentions.
- Institutions decide on whether to agree to become reviewing IRB/Ceding IRB.
- The Lead PI may track status of site’s decision.
- Once a site's Reliance office agrees to become reviewing IRB/Ceding IRB, appropriate documentation is processed through the system.
If you require assistance with documenting the reliance in the SIORS, please contact the IRB.