The University of Texas System (UT System) Policy UTS129, Internal Audit Activities, authorizes the establishment of an institutional audit committee. Appendix A, System-wide Internal Audit Charter, states "Each component institution will organize and maintain an institutional audit committee."
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) Audit Committee is an essential part of the risk management and internal control infrastructure of the institution and of the UT System. Its primary responsibilities are to assist in the:
- Oversight and direction of the internal auditing activity,
- Oversight of the processes to manage business and financial risks,
- Reporting of risk management and audit activity to the UT System, including the Audit, Compliance, and Management Review (ACMR) Committee of the Board of Regents,
- Oversight of institutional engagements that may be performed by UT System or any external public accounting firms hired by UT System, and
- Awareness of and responsibility for UTHSCSA issues that may arise from any financial audit.
Audit Committee Members
|Audit Committee Member's Name||Audit Committee Member's Company|
|Mr. Pat Frost/Audit Committee Chair||Frost National Bank/President|
|Dr. Frank Ledford||Former President of Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research|
|Ms. Cindy L. Jorgensen||SWBC/Cheif Financial Officer|
|Dr. Julian Trevino, Ed.D.||Past President of Board of Trustees for SAISD|