For dissertations and theses, please see the following timelines:
February 2023 Degree Conferral Timeline
May 2023 Degree Conferral Timeline
June 2023 Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2023 Degree Conferral Timeline
December 2023 Degree Conferral Timeline
For manuscripts, please see the following timelines:
February 2023 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
May 2023 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
June 2023 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2023 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
December 2023 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
For graduation in absentia, please see the following timelines:
February 2023 In Absentia Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2023 In Absentia Degree Conferral Timeline
To schedule your final defense for Doctoral and Masters submit the following documents two weeks prior to your intended defense date:
1) Form 40 Request for Final Defense, Copy of Abstract, and CV submitted in IMPACT for review and signature. The graduate Deans Office will no longer accept PDF forms.
2) Reserve room with room scheduling and Zoom/Teams link if participating in a hybrid defense. Contact your Academic Coordinator to assist you with a room reservation for your defense.
3) You or your Academic Coordinator must email your room reservation information, Zoom/Teams link and headshot photo to Tiffany Thompson in the Graduate Deans Office (email@example.com) for your official defense announcement.
Visit the Dissertation and Thesis Guidelines page for more information about Turn-it-in, Proquest and formatting.
The following items must be fully complete including signatures at least 1 week prior to the next GFC meeting which is scheduled on the second Friday of each month.
1) Form 41 (for MS) or Form 43 (for Ph.D.) Report on Final Oral Presentation submitted in IMPACT. The Graduate Deans Office will no longer accept PDF forms. To ensure the deadline is met it is best to do this the same day of your successfully completed defense.
2) Thesis or Dissertation Approval Page with electronic or original signatures by all faculty on your Supervising Committee submitted to Tiffany Thompson. Please note that the approval page is used in the bound copy of your dissertation or thesis. If collecting original signatures and if you plan to have more than one copy of your dissertation or thesis bound, it is recommended that you collect signatures on more than one approval page, though only one copy is required.
3) Upload a final, committee-approved, PDF of your dissertation/thesis to ProQuest for review. For questions or trouble uploading to ProQuest, please contact Alex De Jesus (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any formatting edits will need to be completed by the deadline stated above.
If you have any questions, contact your Academic Coordinator or Tiffany Thompson (ThompsonT4@uthscsa.edu) in the Graduate Dean’s Office.
You will receive notification from your Academic Coordinator if you received degree approval at the GFC.
If you need a letter stating your degree conferral date, letters can be provided after your degree has been approved by the Graduate Faculty Council. Please submit requests to Tiffany Thompson (ThompsonT4@uthscsa.edu).
GSBS will send out commencement and hooding information in February 2023 to all graduates between August 2022- June 2023 regarding ceremony participation. Students who apply for Spring (May, June) 2023 graduation in My Student Center will recieve graduation information.
Late graduation applicants will need to email Tiffany Thompson (ThompsonT4@uthscsa.edu).
Please email any questions regarding GSBS commencement/hooding to Tiffany Thompson (ThompsonT4@uthscsa.edu).
The GSBS Hooding Ceremony is held one time each year in May, graduates from the coinciding academic year are eligible to participate. August- May (June conferrals see timeline instructions)
The GSBS Hooding Ceremony will be held from 4:00pm-6:00pm on Thursday May 18th, 2023 in the Holly Auditorium on UT Health San Antonio's Long Campus 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229
Graduate Certificate Students are invited to participate in the hooding ceremony, Graduate Certificate only students need not order regalia and may wear business professional atire.
The ceremony will be held indoors with indoor/outdoor reception to follow. This event will not be ticketed, and seating will be first come, first served. The ceremony will be livestreamed, a link will be made available for sharing soon.
Commencement is held one time each year in May with all UT Health schools, graduates from the coinciding academic year are eligible to participate. August- May (June conferrals see timeline instructions)
Commencement will be held with all schools at 2:00pm on Sunday May 21st, 2023 in the Alamodome. Additional information for students and families can be found on the Student Life Webpage
This event will not be ticketed, and seating will be first come, first served. The ceremony will be livestreamed, a link will be made available for sharing soon.
Faculty must contact the bookstore to reserve regalia by March 31st. (210) 567-2841 or email@example.com
Students may purchase regalia from Herff Jones by April 28th.
GSBS does not accept responsibility or management of late or missed order deadlines or supply chain issues or shipping delays. The best way to ensure your regalia is delivered on time is to order well in advance of the deadlines listed.
Contact Dr. Tim Raabe, Raabe@uthscsa.edu or Tiffany Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the process for graduation.