Process for your Ph.D. or M.S. Defense Date and Degree Approval at Graduate Faculty Council
To schedule your final defense for Doctoral and Masters submit the following documents 1 week prior to your intended defense date:
1) Form 40. Electronic signatures will be accepted.
2) Submit one copy of abstract, Vita, and CV to the Graduate Dean’s Office
3) Reserve room with room scheduling. Contact your Academic Coordinator to assist you with a room reservation for your defense.
4) Submit a headshot photo for your defense flyer.
Dissertation and Thesis Guidelines
To learn more about our dissertation and thesis guidelines, click here.
Steps to Degree Approval at the Graduate Faculty Council
Submit the following items at least 1 week prior to the next GFC meeting which is scheduled on the second Friday of each month. If you have any questions, contact your COGS Assistant or Amber Yuker (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Graduate Dean’s Office.
1) Form 41 (for MS) or Form 43 (for Ph.D.) with electronic or original signatures. All electronic signatures must be official time-stamped signatures, such as an Adobe signature.
2) Approval Page with electronic or original signatures by all faculty on your Supervising Committee. Please note that the approval page is used in the bound copy of your dissertation or thesis. If collecting original signatures and if you plan to have more than one copy of your dissertation or thesis bound, it is recommended that you collect signatures on more than one approval page, though only one copy is required.
3) Upload a final, committee-approved, PDF of your dissertation/thesis to ProQuest for review. For questions or trouble uploading to ProQuest, please contact Alex De Jesus (email@example.com).
4) You will receive an email confirmation when your dissertation/thesis meets formatting requirements.
Following Approval at Graduate Faculty Council
You will receive notification from your COGS Assistant if you received degree approval at the GFC.
Library Copyright Permission
For dissertations and theses, please see the following timelines:
February 2022 Degree Conferral Timeline
May 2021 Degree Conferral Timeline
June 2021 Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2021 Degree Conferral Timeline
December 2021 Degree Conferral Timeline
For manuscripts, please see the following timelines:
February 2022 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
May 2021 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
June 2021 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2021 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
December 2021 Manuscript Degree Conferral Timeline
For graduation in absentia, please see the following timelines:
February 2022 In Absentia Degree Conferral Timeline
August 2021 In Absentia Degree Conferral Timeline
For a Commencement Checklist, please see the following document:
May 22 Graduation Information
We are excited to announce that the UT Health San Antonio will be hosting an in-person commencement ceremony for graduates across the five schools! The ceremony will be held at 10am on Saturday, May 22nd at the Alamo Dome. You will each be able to bring up to 4 guests. Be on the lookout for more details as we get closer to the event.
REGALIA IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Regalia orders can be placed online. To insure that your regalia arrives at your home address in time for commencement, and so that you have time to resolve any potential issues with your order, please place your order no later than April 9th. All orders should be placed HERE with Herff Jones.
*Note: The bookstore will not be handling regalia orders this year. Please contact Herff Jones directly with any questions regarding regalia orders.
We look forward to seeing you and sharing this important occasion with you!
If you have any questions, please email Amber Yuker at YukerA@uthscsa.edu. Likewise, if you no longer plan to defend this semester, or do not plan to participate in commencement, please notify Amber Yuker.