Undergraduate Medical Education
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Thank you for applying to Long School of Medicine!
Our Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications in July 2022. You will receive an email notification once your application is under review. The review process is ongoing, and applications are re-reviewed throughout the admissions cycle.
Approximately 1000 applicants are selected for interview each application cycle. Invitations to interview may occur when the application and MCAT are received.
- Notified by email (LongSOM@uthscsa.edu) 2-4 weeks in advance of interview date(s) (check your spam/junk folders)
- Select your interview date from 3 available dates
- Letters of Recommendation or Health Professions Committee Packets are not required for the screening/interview process
- We do not use a secondary application
- The CASPer is not used in screening decisions, and is required no later than the date of your interview; find out more: Discover CASPer; register for the test: Take CASPer
- The Duet is a pilot program we strongly encourage you to participate in. Applicants will not be penalized if they choose not to complete it. If you decide to participate, it is due no later than the date of your interview. To find out more information about Duet visit Take Altus.
- All applicants who are invited to interview are also invited to complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI). This is a great way to showcase who you are! If you do choose to complete this optional video interview, it will be due no later than the date of your interview, just like the CASPer. You can explore more about it, or do your SOWVI here: Take the SOWVI
The Big Day!
The Virtual Interview Day will consist of:
- 24 interview days hosted August 2022 through January 2023
- Held on Fridays
- Day begins at 8:45 am and ends by 1:30 pm
- Learn all about our curriculum, match success, & student support
- 2 – 30 minute interviews (Typically with a faculty & 4th year medical student)
- Interviews are executed in a traditional format
- Interviews are open file meaning the interviewer will have access to the entire application
- Interviews are conducted virtually
- Student interaction throughout the day
- Virtual campus tour
After the interview:
- Submit your CASPer scores
- Confirm TMDSAS has received your letters of recommendations via your TMDSAS portal
- You’ll receive email updates from us periodically throughout the cycle
- You may email or mail thank you notes to interviewers. Email to LongSOM@uthscsa.edu or mail to Long School of Medicine, Office of Admissions & Outreach, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MSC 7985, San Antonio, Texas 78229
- We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
- All interviewed applicants are in a waitlist pool until an offer of admission is extended
- If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to LongSOM@uthscsa.edu in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.
Cycle Buddies is a program dedicated to providing interviewed applicants with a point of contact at the Long School of Medicine throughout the remainder of the application cycle. If you have additional questions after your interview day, we will match you to a current Long School of Medicine student based on the criteria/experiences you are interested in.