The Utilities shop is responsible for operations and maintenance of all air conditioning, heating, ventilation, and utilities distribution systems within all facilities on the Lozano Long, Greehey, Texas Research Park, Edinburg, Harlingen, and Laredo campuses. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Operations and Maintenance of all building Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment (chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, compressors, air handlers, exhaust fans, fan coil units, water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, hot water generators, etc.)
- Energy management for all campuses
- Repair and maintain the Electronics for the Energy Management System (EMS) and HVAC equipment
- Monitor all critical equipment and respond to alarms, 24 / 7 / 365
- Maintain and repair fire alarm systems
- Respond to hot and cold temperature calls
- Manage the de-ionized water service contract
- Certify fume hood airflow
- Air balance and air pressurization verification in laboratories
It is the mission of the Utilities Division to provide the highest quality, well maintained, and the most reliable environmental conditions, utilities systems, and facilities services conducive for supporting the mission of the University of Texas Health Science Center's as stated below:
- Educate health professionals for San Antonio and the entire South Texas community and for the State of Texas, to provide the best possible health care, to apply state-of-the-art treatment modalities, and to continue to seek information fundamental to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
- Play a major regional, national and international role as a leading biomedical education and research institution in the discovery of new knowledge and the search for answers to society's health-care needs.
- Be an integral part of the health-care delivery system of San Antonio and the entire South Texas community, as well as an important component of the health-care delivery system of the State of Texas and the nation.
- Serve as a catalyst for stimulating the life science industry in South Texas, culminating in services and technology transfer that benefit local and state economies.
- Offer continuing education programs and expertise for professional and lay communities.
Manager, Utility Plant
Lozano Long Campus control room:
|John Watkins||Pete Campos||Oscar Delgado|
|Chris Riojas||Eric Valtier||Michael Mendez|
|Steven Guerrero||Jesus Vasquez||Rigoberto Mendoza|
|Andres Barcenes||Bernard Rabel|
Greehey Academic Research Campus:
|Joe Shumaker||John Watkins|
|Pat Covey||David Pieske|
Cancer Therapy and Research Centers (CTRC):
Texas Research Park :
|Michael Mayer||Kenneth Day|
Electronics support :
|Rick Blythe||Kirk Digges||Charlie Garcia|
|Pyotr Liberzon||Robert Henderson||Daniel Moreno|